LUTA 1: Flowers+Patatas+Unoy=Lozano&Atalig Nuptial (Tinglayan,Kalinga)

Imagine attending a wedding in a place you went to for the first time. Would you really spend your time sitting with the crowd and talk with people or would you choose to go around and take a tour even if you are alone in a place most people think to be scary?

Along the trip to Tinglayan, Kalinga I always remind myself that I am attending a wedding and I did not go there to be a photographer. Well, I succeeded but when I stumbled on a rock with a lot of audience, it  made me get away and start walking alone far from where people are as the wedding officially starts.

The amazing thing about this picture is that how come the water  did a pasikut-sikot .

It was already near Kalinga when we saw this type of mountain where there were no trees at all. It then had an effect of  looking like the summit of Mount Pulag.

You think there is nothing to be seen with these houses but there is.  Since the highway is unlike the road in the lowlands where it is straight, you will not see this town immediately. It is like it suddenly pops out of nowhere and you would ask yourself: " Really? I have just blinked and now this came."

It is quite pixelated so you can't see the guy who is washing the vehicle. I bet you do not usually see people having their cars washed in the river. The more shocking part of this is that the guy washing the car is nude. Seriously, he is NUDE. ( I know you'd try to download the pic and try to zoom it again to see if I am talking the truth. But, come on! You won't see it. )

As part of Kalinga's culture they have three parts of the wedding. The bisperas, wedding proper and the  lasperas as enumerated by the emcee.
The official photographer was not taking picture of the couple and I thought that was the time they were to be taken picture of.



This is my favorite picture among all of what I took in Kalinga. It came alive just in time when I clicked the cam.
The reason why we Igorots do not attain the tallest possible height we could have is because we carry things heavier than us.
What do you see?

Having tatoos in Kalinga means you are rich. ( Kasi may dalawang travelers dito pag akyat ko. So I talked to them.
Jha: Hi mam! where are you going? T: bla bla bla J: from where are you? T: I am from Belgium and she's from Norway. And you?(lol. ayus ng conversation. mukha at akong traveler din.))




This beauty that you see, I thought was nothing at first but as i looked longer. whoa.. She really is beautiful.

The native pigs in Kalinga are just like how dogs are in Benguet. They are free to roam around.

We passed her by and I was shy to take picture of her. I was afraid I might be invading her privacy. Since I can't speak their dialect, we waited for a translator. 

This among the other ladies with tattoos is the first one I took picture of.

To the left is the Sleeping beauty. 































Comments

Popular Posts