DANUM 1: Colorado Falls Twin Peaks, Tuba, Benguet


February 2014 Trip

How?
-Ride any PUJ that passes by Kennon. I took the jeepney going to Pozzorobio which is located near the University of the Cordilleras just below SM. 40 php can get you there. In case you are using a private car, stop at Twin Peaks National High School.

Notes:
-there are no jeepneys waiting to take you back to town so just ride any PUJ's.
-Huts are available, I don't know how much it costs though
-bathrooms are available but not working
-there's another falls just after Camp 3 Elementary School



I was trying to take a selfie then the kid photobombed.lol

There are no blogs which could help me get here so I ended up asking from lots of dispatchers who lead me from one jeepney station to another. By the way, thank you to the Camp 3&4 dispatcher who gave me the best instruction and to the guy who showed me the fastest face expression change ever because his face suddenly lightened up when I talked to him and then when I didn't smile back his face turned expressionless.lol.

Nobody else was there. It didn't bother me at first because I was excited taking pictures and then when I felt the place was not anymore a new sight for my eyes I came to feel some strange aura of something unseen. At that time, I wasn't afraid of any human being who would suddenly appear but of the unseen that made me have goosebumps. I just prayed, made some noise and then walked towards the highway. I was resting a bit at the waiting shed which was a 10-minute walk away from the falls, searched for something to tie my hair since it was really really hot but I couldn't find it. I realized maybe I left it or it fell where I left my bag while taking pictures of the falls. I was having second thoughts of going back because of the goosebumps thingy but I ended up going back, of course.

No busses or vans were passing by so I walked and walked even if it was drizzling. I didn't care about the cars passing by. I even got to the point of being paranoid with the circulating news about the goons taking people and then end up hurting them. I went on walking and then stopped when I felt like my feet wants to get out of my shoes By the way, thanks to the kind store owner who gave me a place to stay dry while waiting for a ride.

Comments

Popular Posts