DANUM 4: Colorado Falls Twin Peaks, Tuba, Benguet


Years ago, I spotted a splendid falls from Tinongdan highway. It was a magnificent sight but it was far away from where I was. It has no name but it has in my prayers.

I don’t know if it is possible to go there, no road visible so that leaves traversing the mountains from an unknown jump-off. Will I be able to see it up close? That beauty so serene, growling waters as they cascade the edges of the mountains, possible pool with clear waters reflecting the wonderful colors above it … more.

Weeks ago, I was reminded even if I have already put it aside and forgotten about the feeling and the prayer I had. By lesser distance, I saw it from an fb friend's post. Actually, the distance remained due to the fact that I beheld it from somebody else’s lens and there’s uncertainty – was it what I prayed and longed to see? How and when will I get there and prove my theory?

I did. It was in the same place where I went that same year I saw it from afar but I didn’t know it existed and was just a few minutes walk to where I stopped.

My desire fueled me to reach for it. I casted away my physical incapability just so I could see what I didn’t get to, two years ago. I thought it was near and that the stones and the river crossing was easy. Boy, I was wrong. It was the opposite! I admit that I haven’t done a lot of work out lately but at least I’ve walked a lot. That was not the exercise needed to go there.

You need the following:
     1. Balance
( I don’t care how you’ll get that but make sure to achieve it. It’s no. 1)

     2. Inner Compass and Map.
(do you know that movie with a beautiful princess locked in a tower where  two brothers are navigating their way to find her and the only possible way to surely arrive there was by kissing a toad to lead them the way? This time, no need for a toad but just your clever mind to lead you. Yes, the rocks don’t move and the river does not just change its course but I assure you the rocks can be possible to be climbed but deadly when you take that route again going down.) ps. John muir is not applicable. the road doesn’t diverge into two – you’re not on the road. And the possible way is limitless.

     3. Upper and lower body strength
( Sometimes your fingers alone should carry your strength, or your toes or your butt. The rocks are slippery, the distance from one step to the other is never the same, there are those paths where you shouldn’t stand but sit on the rock and crawl then stand with utmost care and then make sure you glue your feet on the next rock. By the end of this risky venture, my arms and legs be havin some abs.lol)

4. Stomach strength
(there is a water source along the trail, joke we are not sure if it’s potable. Bring some food for you and for the unseen.J bring home your wrappers pa din.)

   5. Or you just ask someone good at this and good at taking care of people who are bad at it. Safety measures.
(I invited a friend who is a nurse based in Tuba but she didn’t come. I asked if she’s gone there already and she said she did, plenty of times to retrieve patients)

    6. Or, just don’t go up. Listen where your gut and instincts are telling you to stop. Suppress that feeling of summiting it all just to see the view. That one minute is crucial to your survival because it is not just side mirrors that objects may appear nearer, it is applicable here. I have to remind you that you are in an area where the weather and everything else could change drastically.

    7. Disregard the rest. My best recommendation: don’t go there. Satisfy yourself with the falls near the bridge, the foot of the mountain. The water that flows from the top is the same as the one that you’ll taste and feel there.

First it is a private property. Second, risky despite its awesomeness. Last, it is actually a water source of Tuba. The more people lured by its beauty, the more will be aware of its existence and willing to trek it. Continue contributing to the lives you could save.

Btw, I was wrong. Pinipilit kong itugma sa shot na nakuha ko from Tinungdan pero iba. Magpapakasaya ba ako kasi it means madami pa pala akong pwedeng pupuntahan or malulungkot dahil mapapatanong nanaman ako sa sarili ko kung kelan ko kaya mapuntahan yong nasa malayong gusto kong lapitan?
Be happy adi kabsat.:)

Mga ginawa:

-multiple varied vulgar words hurled back to my own ears. Deym, why again am I here?

-cried out so loud nobody could even hear me.oo umiyak ka na kasi. “huhu, panu ako makakabalik sa dinaanan ko kanina.” “ala, ada jay kadwak ijay. Syak ada ak pay ituy” “Lord, panu ako bababa?” “Lord, please paratingin mo na ako dun sa pinakataas, pleeeeeeaaase” yeah, I usually cry a waterfall and some teardrops also wherever I go. Lalo na pag nature adventure pinupuntahan ko. Mababaw lang kasi kaligayan ko. orayts.:) mababadtrip mga batikang manlalakbay pag ako kasama nyo.

Yeah, I m not not that strong and well experienced at stuff like this, that is why I don’t find things easy. That is the good thing about it. I get to write it this way.

-hug the rocks, tight sana pero di pwede eh kaya hanggang kapit pa more lang

-inggitin ng todo ang lahat ng tao sa kagandahan ng napuntahan mo sabay sabihing : “tol, delikado dun at kelangan i-preserve kaya hayaan na nating maging untouched” –seryoso ako dito mga tol. May mga falls sa malapit like bridal veils and hydro plus aran cave, dun nalang kung gusto mo ng mataas taas na falls. Ada met ijay Bakun, nu kayat u pay makakita ti bantay nga ag sang sangit nu pinagtutudo and Kibungan has it too ijay banda tacadang.


-Supasayan Jha JULY 2016

(as ad addition to DANUM 1)

Comments

Popular Posts